Tuesday, March 30, 2010

to be honest

"You gotta be kidding me?" Owen was giving Zeke a hard time about Caitlin. "Nothing happened?"

"No." Zeke wished his roommate would be quiet, but he didn't want to rub him the wrong way, either. They'd just met. Zeke wanted to be a good roommate. And if that meant living in the hallway most of this semester, then he'd just have to take it. "I don't move-" Zeke stopped. "Caitlin is special."

He didn't think she had a problem, but what if she did? He'd been very cautious around her. She'd showered that night and he'd read a campus zine. It was the most boring thing to anyone like Owen, but it had been all the more rewarding to him. He didn't know why, but he wanted to be around Caitlin. If all it amounted to was being friends then that would be great. Just great.

"I think you're an idiot." Owen looked at him. "This is college, man, you're suppose to be having fun."

Owen was, and he was ready to set Zeke up anytime, if he wanted.

"I'm having fun." Zeke just nodded. "Honest."

Naturally, Owen gave him a knuckle rub on the top of his head then. Sometimes, Zeke thought he'd known Owen forever. But have a lady come around that Owen was interested in..well, Zeke was history.

6 comments:

lily said...

Owen seems to have his own agenda.

ellie said...

I think we all know someone a little like Owen.

Berlin said...

Thanks =) Awaiting your next post.

-Berlin-

annie said...

Ohh intriguing. I agree with everyone, Owen is very real. I feel like he's half the guys I know. Good work.

Thanks for reading my blog!

blue hearts said...

Roommates do have a lot of influence.

A Way To Describe Me With No Words.... said...

College is not just about having fun. Owen needs to learn that.