Saturday, June 19, 2010

just maybe

"See, what I've decided." Zeke told June while he was out with her and Nora at their favorite vegan bistro. "I'll just wait and see who finds me."

June almost laughed as if she didn't believe him. He bit into a zucchini fry.

"Yeah, right." Nora didn't believe him, either. "You are just a sucker for Caitlin."

He wished they wouldn't talk about her. It gave him a twinge of uneasiness. He hated how she ignored him, lately. It was lame, but there was nothing he could do about it.

"I am not. You know. Let them find me." Of course, it might be a cold day in hell by the likes of it, these days. There was nothing out there waiting to find him. Sure, he could ask Owen for help, but he didn't want to be dating the kind of girls Owen was with. They were easy, as Owen put it.

"Sure, dude, you do that." Nora gave him a nudge. As it was he was spending a great deal with the two of them. It was kind of awkward, but June always wanted to include him when they went out. It was if the two of them were looking out for him, or maybe they were the reason he hadn't met anyone yet. Maybe he wanted it that way.

Nora waved over more drinks at the table, but someone else came over, instead. A friend of June's.

"Oh my god, what are you guys doing here?" She was all hugs with June.

"This is Mia." June told Zeke.

Mia squeezed into a chair next to Zeke who meekly introduced himself. She smiled so perfectly and Zeke thought he might melt. This might be his chance to meet someone new. She was like a young Jennifer Love-Hewitt. But with his luck she was on their team and not his when it came to romance.

10 comments:

fan fic said...

Well, he might be moving on.

ellie said...

looking quite interesting.

Sara Lynn said...

awww she is adorable! I hope she goes for him!

misty said...

oh my, what could this be.

Fenny said...

wow! She is so pretty

ediot said...

ah i wish it was fixed now. but its not. and i dont know whats wrong. a lot of people are emailing me telling they cant enter the site. i cant either--
have a nice weekend
xx ediot

Holly said...

aw, I love this so much..someone new. interesting.

Meg said...

Maybe Mia will be right for Zeke.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I hope he's finally able to move on. :)

Josie said...

Ooooh, I always love when someone new is thrown into the mix...
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com