Wednesday, July 7, 2010

when everything else has messed up

Zeke had a dream that he had a fight with Caitlin. It was in her room. He meant to tell her how he felt about her, but it was a shouting match instead.

"I LOVE YOU. GOD DAMNIT! HOW COULD YOU FUCK'N DO THIS TO ME!" It went on and on and his throat was so sore. He thought he might spit blood. It was all her fault for making him this way.

"no..no..no.." He was shaking all over from that stupid dream. In a sweat too. And someone was banging on his door. Naturally, he was alone. Just his luck it was Jay. They had gone to the movie together just to find the other wasn't gay. Jay liked Mia, too.

Zeke was just in his boxer. He reached for a T-shirt.

"Just a minute." He called, but when he got there it was Caitlin. "What are you doing here?" He felt odd that he'd just dreamed about her and she showed up.

"You have to meet Megan." She just said.

"Like how?" God, he was tired of being set up for dates.

"She wants to meet you." Caitlin told him. "I told her you were the first guy I met here and well, you know." She sighed. "She's bringing her new boyfriend and I guess we could all do something, together."

"What about Derrick?" He winced.

"Well, you know, just the four us. I thought, we might, go out." She shrugged.

"Oh." He looked at her. "When?"

"I dunno, when they get here. I'll call you." She told him.

"Couldn't you have just called?" He asked.

"I would have, but I didn't think you'd-"

"I would have talked you. I want-" He felt so sad. "I want us to still talk. If that's possible."

She'd only look at his toes then. Her eyes widen. She saw the two toe-nails on his second toe on his left foot.

"Huh." She sort of grinned as if this was something everyone was getting this summer just to show off their flip-flops.

Zeke felt a smile coming. He didn't want too.

"That is the strangest thing I've ever seen." She had to bend down and touch. "Does it hurt?"

"No, I've had it for a very long time." He wanted to laugh. He almost did.

"Yeah, right."

He could feel her looking at him, up close. The hair on his legs. His bare arms. He was getting goosebumps and something else was also rising to the occasion.

5 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

What is it?! :P

Sara Lynn said...

They seem to really be on and off. I hope that it works out, either so they can be together or friends. Strange about that dream, i wonder what it means.

ellie said...

oh, my..I can only imagine.

Holly said...

maybe they have found their way back to each other.

Aury said...

I love how she thought they were gay when they both actually just have feelings her but would rather not say. Zeke needs to man up.