Monday, August 9, 2010

caught in the middle

Megan wanted to kick some sense into Smed. They were a bit confined as it was. Or so it seemed. There in Caitlin's room. She had her arms crossed and he was sitting on Caitlin's bed as if he couldn't stay long. He wouldn't relax.

"What would be so bad if we stayed?" She huffed.

"I didn't say you couldn't." He winced.

"Well, I don't want to stay if you're not." She swelled a frown and sat next to him. He looked so worried as if his brother back home had him on a short leash, but here he was. She held his hand. "It might be liberating." Didn't he see he'd taken the first steps. So had she. She wasn't worried about her mother, anymore.

"Yeah, I guess so." He barely spoke above a whisper.

"He's your brother." Megan reminded him about Zeke.

"That I hardly know." Smed looked at her with a frown. "I have a brother back home, who-who-"

"Who's keeping you from everything." Megan told him. "Zeke cares about you. He wants to help you."

"Don't you see." Smed looked at her. "He's the enemy, according to Dolby. He'd be furious if he knew that I even knew him.  He's not my real family, like Dolby."

"Well, maybe its Dolby who's the enemy." Megan glared back at him. "Have you thought of that, Smed?"

6 comments:

ori said...

Megan can spell it out for him.

Sara Lynn said...

Wow. I hope he makes the right decision.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I hope he knows what he's doing. :/

so jade said...

That would really be between a rock and a very hard place.

lucy and sarah said...

Oh, Smed, he has to be able to make the most of his life.

Josie said...

He'd better know what he's doing!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com