Sunday, August 1, 2010

in a different life

"Do I seem different to you?" Megan asked Caitlin. Somehow, she felt closer to Caitlin now than she did even in high school. "Sorry, I don't want to make this about me. I shouldn't have said that, but things have changed." She told Caitlin about her parents then. How her Dad wanted them out of the house and her mother going to rehab. Actually, her mother was just going to her sister's, but she was getting checked out.

"Where are you gonna go?" Caitlin seemed more concerned about that than the changes in Megan. They had gotten comfortable for girl talk in Caitlin's room.

"I dunno. I guess I'll be with Smed." She sighed. "God, its like I don't want to depend on him, yet I am."

"Well, he doesn't have you under his thumb like Craig. You two are a team, you know, and I bet you two could definitely set your mind on doing, whatever needs to get done. Right?"

"I guess." Megan told her what she thought about Craig and him having a kid with an older woman.

"Are you serious?" Caitlin was in shock about that. "I can't believe he'd do something like that to you."

"Well, he wasn't that great." Megan felt so hyped now to tell her friend everything. Sleep was not on her mind. Honestly, she didn't want to leave here. She didn't want to go back home. She wished she and Smed could live here, too.

8 comments:

ori said...

I think Megan is a better person now.

Aury said...

Craig is awful.

ivy said...

Its good they can talk.

ellie said...

I'm glad Megan is telling her everything.

Sara Lynn said...

awww that is sweet. :)

Holly said...

Its good for them to have a heart to heart like that. Now Caitlin has to spill.

Josie said...

I'm all about this little heart-to-heart.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Berlin said...

Everything will always come out eventually.

A bucket of stars,
Berlin