Sunday, August 29, 2010

just around the corner

"Did you two have a spat or something?" June asked when Smed came inside for lunch.

"Who knows," Smed shrugged, biting into a tuna salad sandwich. He crunched on some chips and drank the iced tea.

"I didn't think that lawn mower had a life anymore." She smiled then. "You really shouldn't have."

"But-but, mowing your lawn is the least I can do." He told her. Hopefully, Megan was happy now that she was out with the Caitlin. Possibly, they were finding what they needed. He hoped. At the moment, he wasn't sure where the day would take him nor where his next meal would come from.

"Well, I have this friend, sort of. Mia." June told him. "She's going to New York. She has an internship. Anyway, her little sister, step-sister, is moving in to her place. This big old house down the street. You should check there, see if you have any luck. It would be great if we could be neighbors. You could still mow for us then." She grinned.

"Yeah, that would be cool. And you know, I'm not too bad with checking your oil in your car. That kind of thing." Smed shrugged.

"Awesome. Well, finish up. Clean up and I'll go down the street with you. Introduce you." June sighed.

Smed just smiled. Sounded like a sweet deal to him.

10 comments:

Meg said...

I'm glad June is nice to Smed, even when Megan isn't.

ori said...

Oh, if only Meg could just stop being moody.

nick and heath said...

Smed's so sweet.

Berlin said...

Very thoughtful =)


Have a brilliant day,
Berlin

Josie said...

I just love Smed. Love him.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

lucy and sarah said...

Smed's doing a lot. I like the idea of this 'race' to find a place. Well, something like that.

Sara Lynn said...

Looks like things might be looking up for them :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Smed is such a good guy! :)

ellie said...

I'm excited. This should be interesting about a new place to live.

molly said...

Smed is my hero. =D