Friday, August 27, 2010

So now is the time

"What do you mean? You're not coming?" Megan was getting perturbed with Smed. Why wasn't he ready to go with them to check out the possibilities of a new place to move to. She was meeting up with Caitlin and Zeke.

"I'm kind of in the middle of something." Smed was in a sweat. He was outside mowing.

"Why? On earth are you doing this right now!" She snapped.

"Because, I want to...I dunno. I needed to do something." He glared at her. "I've been up since seven and you, you just got up a little while ago." It was after noon time now. He'd worked on the lawn mower and did the front yard and back. He was going in to eat.

"Fine." She had no time for him. She was going to get this done. Now. He was such a procrastinator to her. Obviously.

"I'm sorry." He squinted there in the sun of the back yard. "I had no idea when you'd get up. I just figured you'd sleep in. And, and didn't want to sit around doing nothing."

"Whatever." She was in a mood now. He couldn't say anything she'd want to hear. They needed to find some place. Now. Not tomorrow. Now. She got a buzz from Caitlin on her cell. They were out front in the drive waiting for her.

"Where's Smed?" Zeke asked when she got in.

"He's puttering around like an old man." Megan rolled her eyes. "Maybe he's mad at me, or something." She sighed.

"But we were going to do this together." Caitlin looked back at her.

"We don't have all day. Just go." She told them. So Zeke did. It wasn't long though until they found some yard sales and that changed everything.

9 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I hope they can make it through this. :/

molly said...

Its like little worlds colliding. Its always touchy at times like this when you move.

nick and heath said...

Sounds like a rough start. Poor Smed.

Holly said...

that Megan is in her own little world.

cass and cady said...

Megan is really being a pain. I think.

Meg said...

Megan should try to be less cranky.

nick and heath said...

Meg needs to shape up.

ori said...

I hope everyone will be together on this move.

Berlin said...

Tough time.

Have a brilliant day,
Berlin