Friday, September 24, 2010

like a vicious cycle.

"What is it?" Caitlin knew it was bad news.

"Nothing." Zeke looked at her as if he could take care of everything.

"Tell me?" He looked so pale, like a ghost would be here to take him away.

"Its my Mom." Zeke's glare was unchanged. "She's here."

"What?" Caitlin winced. Now she was excited and sick at the same time. "Why is she here?"

"She misses me." Zeke smirked slightly with a shrug.

"I-I..what do you want me to do?" She did want to meet his mother.

"I'll talk to her." Zeke nodded. "Meanwhile, you guys see if you can find us a bed. At least see if you can pick one and, and I can get it later."

"But we need it-" She looked at the blank space. Where were they going to sleep tonight? In the tent out back? "OK." She pressed her lips tight, wishing she was more help.

"We'll figure it out. We will." He promised as his hands touched her shoulders. "You'll meet my Mom. It'll be all good."

Caitlin almost laughed when he said that. She just didn't see how.

4 comments:

molly said...

Oh, the optimist and the pessimist. Opposites do attract.

Josie said...

I hope things work out!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

ori said...

It'll be all good..hahaha..love that line.

lucy and sarah said...

This'll be interesting.