Thursday, October 28, 2010

on the other side of midnight

Sammi felt she needed to leave. It was like she'd gone too far and couldn't figure her way out of Derrick's room.

"I need to leave." She nodded, but a part of herself was unaware that she was only in her underwear. Her vision was caught off guard as she looked down on the floor wondering where her clothes went. She was barefooted.

"You don't want to go anywhere." Derrick pulled her back into bed. It was warm and quite comfortable.

"No, I-I have this friend who-who-" She cracked up laughing then. "Who wants me."

"But I want you." He was already undressed and waiting. Most of him was under the blanket.

She shook her head no, as if he'd offered her the worst Christmas present ever.

"See. I'VE GOT TO BE READY FOR HIM!" She thrust her arms about. He was not to touch her.

"Shhh..Amy, not so loud." He was trying to reach for her.

"AMY!" She laughed staggering about. "I'm not Amy." She shook with laughter. 'You want Amy, not me."

Derrick was getting peeved. Then came a tap on the door. He got up to try to calm her.

"I'm going and you can't stop me." She demanded then as she fell in his arms just to throw up all over his chest.

Someone came in then. She belched at him as she looked at Derrick with the mess.

"Are you all right?" Smed looked at Sammi.

She nodded and he put his coat on her. He walked her out of Derrick's grabbing her bag on the way.

"You might not want that coffee, after all." He had his arm around her. She started to cry.

7 comments:

better days said...

I'm glad it wasn't that big of a deal. But it would have been an awkward situation.

ivy's closet said...

I liked how she was mad at him..he kept calling her Amy...hmmm...

Cafe Fashionista said...

How incredibly strange. :/

ellie said...

I'm glad she threw up on him.

She is Sara said...

I feel bad for Smed, because he is too nice to stay away from frinds when they need help, even if the situation gets bad. Poor Sammi, guy called her Amy. :(

Josie said...

Smed is just always around for people, isn't he?
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Becky Regina said...

So weird uh :/