Thursday, November 11, 2010

no worries

Sammi guessed things were better. Her Mom had came for a weekend. And she was happy with the house and everyone that roomed with Sammi. Although, they could have roomed out a couple of more in the basement.

"Well, I'm not comfortable with that right now." Sammi told her. She had a heavy class load. What was she thinking, taking 17 hours this semester. Was she suicidal or what? She tried not to think about Derrick. She never saw him on campus, anyway.

So when he came over one evening, she was so afraid he was going to want to rent out the basement.

"No, just returning your things." He was so quiet. He wouldn't look her in the eye. She just stood out on the porch. She didn't want to be alone with him. She could tell herself she didn't remember, but she did. She remembered more than she wanted too.

"Look, I really like you." He told her. "And, and, I'm sorry if-if it ...got so..can we..can we try again." He was being all Mr.Sincere.

"I dunno." She hugged herself in the cold. Really, this was no time to be out here in her flip-flops.

"I promise, I won't try anything. I won't. No drinking. No trying to get-" He wouldn't finish with trying to get you into bed part.

Sammi just looked up at him as if she'd scream if he got any closer.

"I want to make it up to you. I do. I will. All right." His hands touched her shoulders. Sammi backed away. She wanted to ask him who Amy was. Maybe she would if they went out of a date. She would definitely not make this easy for him.

3 comments:

Berlin said...

Oww, nothings ever easy. Better get over it and everything will start clearing up :)

On a bee,
Berlin

ellie said...

I would just forget him if I were her.

Josie said...

What a tough situation. I hate to say she may have to move on...
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com