Friday, December 17, 2010

totally not sure

This was going to be so much harder than Zeke imagined. Leaving Caitlin during Christmas vacation. He was used to her sleeping next to him. He was so used to doing everything with her. From lounging around reading to well...the good stuff. And really, someone who was used to at least having sex twice a day wasn't too thrilled to the thought of no sex for two weeks.

"I already miss her." He told Smed, and they hadn't even left yet.

"Just think how much your Mom and your sister miss you." Smed would say that. Now he felt a little guilty.

"I don't know what to get Caitlin for Christmas." Zeke shrugged. "What are you getting Megan?"

"A new phone." Smed winced. He'd made a deal, two new Blackberry phones for the price of one. He couldn't resist the family plan they'd be on. "Megan sort of picked her's out already. She knows she's getting a red one."

"Seriously?" Zeke didn't think that was fair.

"Well, she intends for us to text practically non-stop. I guess, while I'm away." Smed was slowly getting some underwear together in a suitcase for their trip. Zeke just watched him in the doorway.

"I wanted to get Cait something special, you know." Zeke knew something like a phone would possibly make her squeal with happiness instead of a ring or necklace. At least they had the bed paid off now.

"You should." Smed nodded.

"I dunno." He shrugged as if he didn't know what to do. "What if I lose her, while I'm gone?"

"How?" Smed laughed.

"I dunno, what if that jock is around, and...you know." Zeke sucked in a breath.

"I can't believe you'd even think it. You?" Smed winced a grin. "I'm sure you two will find a way to make this the best Christmas yet."

Zeke gave a quick grin as if he believed Smed, but he didn't know what the future might hold.

2 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Christmas is a time for magic and miracles. :)

ellie said...

I hope its a good time for them. Somehow.