Saturday, January 15, 2011

its going around

Caitlin was listening to Sammi talk about her new best friend and Logan.

"He doesn't know that I know her, you know like a true friend or anything." Her voice cracked. "I want to keep it that way, you know." She looked as if she could bust out in tears. Caitlin warmed her tea there in the kitchen. "But I'm happy for both of them, you know. I am." She crumbled then as she sniffed harder.

"Its OK."

"I like Natalie so much.  And..and I know she'll make him happy. She will." Sammi looked up at Caitlin who handed her a tissue. She snatched more because it was going to be a big cry for Sammi.

"You think you can all be friends?" Caitlin knew it would be hard as she watched Sammi reach for the inside of her T-shirt to help with her tears.

"I guess." But it wouldn't happen right this second. "I think I need to go to my room."

Caitlin couldn't smile. She was afraid Sammi would stay there for good. "If-if you need to talk more, I'm-I'm here."

Sammi nodded and took another sip of tea. She went to her room then.

Caitlin thought she might be coming down with something. Her head, kind of hurt. It had been kind of strange with Zeke back. Sure, they picked up where they left off. But a part of her felt as if she was putting on her biggest acting job ever and she wasn't even a drama major.

She'd promised Megan she wouldn't bring up the party to Zeke, yet she was sure he needed to know. Everything.

Caitlin went to clean up the mess...only she made a bigger mess in the sink when she suddenly regurgitated. She didn't see that coming. Now she felt as if her eyes were in a puddle of tears. This was the strangest thing ever. Maybe she was just sick.

6 comments:

ivy's closet said...

Sammi sounds strong. What could this mean for Caitlin?

lucy and sarah said...

Oh..no..hopefully its not what I'm thinking.

cait said...

It could possibly be what you're thinking. I'm know I'm thinking it.

Cafe Fashionista said...

No. I truly hope it's not what I think it is. But I think it is. :/

ellie said...

Oh..boy..this will change everything.

She is Sara said...

I feel so bad for Sammi. I hope Caitlin is okay too :(