Friday, January 21, 2011

nothing's gonna change my world

"I was hoping we could go out tonight. We still haven't, you know, had our own holiday. Exactly." Zeke mentioned to Caitlin. "Can I get you anything?"

She sat there with her back to him on the bed in their room. She was being awful quiet.

"Maybe you should just lay down." He sat behind her. She didn't move  in the crumpled covers so he rubbed her shoulders.

He talked about classes then, and work and how he didn't have time to do anything now. Finally he leaned in over her shoulder and asked. "Are you mad at me?" It was the one question that broke her heart, evidently. She cried on his shoulder then. Still, he didn't know what was wrong.

"I think I'm pregnant." She finally told him, all out of breath. She went into her own private biology of it. When they'd last had sex. How long it had been. How long.

Once again, she sank into more tears, but this time on her pillow. She wouldn't look at him. She was plagued with papers and this was not what she needed her freshman year at the University. A baby.

"Well, lets find out if its, you know..." He didn't want to say it because he was afraid she might lose it again. She was so emotional. Sure he was shocked. He supposed. But then again, well, he did have the condoms, but that wasn't a hundred percent, evidently. "Actually...Happening." He couldn't think of a better word. But she made it sound like it was the end of her world. Their world as they knew it.

He laid back on his pillow and stared at the ceiling. He wasn't sure if she wanted a cuddle or not. He felt as if the room was empty, somehow as he laid there numb. What was he suppose to say? Everything would be OK?

A part of him wanted to let himself think of the baby they might have. How exciting it would be. It was all so real. Or just a dream.  But then when he looked back at her messy hair, Zeke felt so sad. How she was turned away from him. There was this ugly side too. That he was the worst person possible who had put her in this predicament. Something, she was not ready for.

10 comments:

ellie said...

I like him...but not an easy situation...for either of them.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I feel so horrible for the both of them right now - this is a trying time. :/

cait said...

It is a surprise and nightmare..all in one.

lucy and sarah said...

Such a challenge to face.

Josie said...

What a difficult situation...
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

ivy said...

Well..I think he knows what the answer might be..Already.

molly said...

I wish she was excited, but I can understand why too.

simon and josh said...

I hope things get better.

She is Sara said...

I don't think a baby would be good for them, it already looks like trouble.

jasper hale fan fic said...

I really love this header!

I hope he'll just be there for her.