Monday, February 14, 2011

in a cold cold way

"Wait!" Natalie called after Sammi in the cold. "What are you doing?" Natalie hesistated out side the pizza place.

Sammi was in a run. She had the shoes for it. She felt free in the cold. Nothing to stop her..but Natalie.

"What's wrong?" Natalie caught up to her.

"I needed some fresh air." Sammi just said. "I wanted to go home."

"You could have said so?" Natalie told her.

"Yeah, and I would have been talked into something else." The cold held her breath, but she really needed to keep running before the cold caught up to her.

"Look, I get it." Natalie nodded. "Logan really likes you. I can see it. He wants you. Not me."

"You said, there was someone else." Sammi reminded her.

"That's what he said. But I don't think its some old high school girlfriend. Its you." Natalie was smart enough to figure out.

"So." Sammi dug her hands into her hoodie and she moved quickly toward the library which was still open. They hurried in to the warmth. She looked through the glassed in are where the magazines were. There was Derrick chatting up with some Asian girl. He was flirting big time. She watched them. Finally the girl left. She looked back at Natalie. "I'll be fine. Just go. Go find Noel, before it's too late. I think he likes you."

"No, he doesn't." Natalie shook her head, no.

"You're probably right, but you could get lucky, because he wants to get lucky." She sighed. "Its up to you."

Natalie didn't say a word. She left. Sammi watched Derrick.

5 comments:

Josie said...

Poor Sammi -- that's always rough.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

ivy's closet said...

I wonder what Sammi is up to. I dunno about that Derrick.

ellie's desk said...

I gotta wonder what will happen now. That she found Derrick.

ellie said...

Happy Valentines Day!!!

cady said...

Sammi needs to figure out how to hold her own. But she'll be okay, I think.