Monday, March 21, 2011

about that

"Yeah, we're...actually having fun." Sammi admitted to Megan about the Tango lessons.

"That's great." They were out thrifting. Megan was looking at shoes. Usually, she never bought used shoes, but the MARY JANES were practically new. She loved the earth shoe heel to it. It looked like a pair that would stand the test time. After all, she spent more days taking someone to the park. She and Peter were finally communicating. She just had to remain low key and give him scenarios of consequences. But she had to remain calm. He would simmer down. She knew there were some major behavior issues his mother kept ignoring. As if he'd grow out of them. Megan wasn't so sure about that.

"So, do you..think..." Megan didn't even know what she was asking. She'd just go with what ever Sammi said.

"No. I don't want to have sex with him." She was matter of fact about it.

"Good." Megan looked at scarves then. Maybe a nice new scarf was all she needed for spring. She found an eye-lit one. It was as if it were waiting for her.

"I-I thought..you'd be..mad." Sammi looked at her as if she were being tested on her relationship skills.

"Mad?" Megan winced. "What are you talking about? Its your life, Sammi. Its better not to rush it. Don't be one of those girls who drinks a bottle of vodka and nose dives in to disaster at a party. You do what feels right for you. And even saying that, just be sure. You know, make a list of the pros and cons. You have to be ready for the consequences." She handed over the white eye-lit scarf to Sammi. It would probably look better on her. Besides, she was pure and innocent. Megan knew.

"Why are you telling me this?" Sammi looked at the scarf blankly.

"Oh, God." Megan shook her head. "I really thought all I ever needed was Craig. He was, well, a step up in school for me. He was on the football team. He was someone everyone noticed. But he was still an ass." Megan bit her bottom lip. "He hit me..and..and always made me feel it was ..my fault." She sighed. "Don't ever let a guy make you feel that way, Sam."

Sammi nodded as if she understood.

"Well, OK. Lets go before I spend anymore of this twenty dollar bill. We should have enough for a Frostie and even some fries at Wendy's." Megan smiled then. It was a sunny day. It was best not to be bleak about old times. This was now, and she wanted to be there for Sammi. Finally.

8 comments:

Josie said...

I love Megan's new outlook on things!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

ellie said...

Maybe Megan is turning over a new leaf.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Wow! Megan actually seems like...a changed person! :)

Through My Eyes said...

Woah, last time I checked we were on Kaityln and logan talking about Smed, I have reading to do, this Friday or wednesday I hope to catch up. I really LOVE your writing style by the way, can't wait to read!

~Natalie

meg said...

Even more changing happening tomorrow..Natalie. Hope it won't be too out there.

so jade said...

I'm glad Megan can be nice to her. I hope its genuine.

ivy's closet said...

Sammi definitely needs friends.

cady said...

Oh wow . . . this sounds remarkably like a conversation I recently had with one of my sisters.