Thursday, March 31, 2011

what friends do

What was Logan really trying to tell him? Smed was pretty sure he had nothing to do with Sammi getting sloshed. He helped Logan get her to bed. He pried off her sneakers. An ominious thud prevailed and Sammi didn't even flinch. She finally cuddled her pillow as if she was in a nice place in dreamland.

"Uh.." Logan sputtered as if he to look at Smed or he might think he was a pervert for looking at Sammi, drunk and fully clothed. Smed put a blanket over her. "It..it just doesn't take much for her to get..drunk."

Logan followed Smed down to the kitchen. He poured a cup of coffee for Logan.

"See." Logan looked at the ceiling as if maybe it would talk and not him. There was something jittery about him. "I-I guess, I just, didn't keep an eye on her, like I should have." He bit his bottom lip as he studied his coffee.

"Why is that?" Smed wanted to know.

"I dunno. I just..I just." He closed his eyes as if he might cry. Smed watched how his face changed as if he might be in some sort of private, agony. "I-I kept watching for..for this guy. You know, Mexican place. He's-" Logan let out a sigh. "He wasn't there. Javi wasn't there."

"Who's Javi?" Smed wanted to know.

"Uh, just some, guy, I dance with." Logan tongue slipped across his dry upper lip. He drank his coffee then.

"You dance with him?" Smed was stumped.

"Its nothing. Just...its nothing." Logan shook his head, no.

"Its gotta be something." Smed smiled.

Logan cleared his throat. Perhaps the coffee had burned his throat.

"But..but Alex, Alex, he works there." Logan finally told Smed.

"Alex?" Smed almost cracked up. "And who's that?" Suddenly, it was as if Logan knew a lot of guys. Well, only two. Evidently.

"Some guy I met in the restroom." Logan wouldn't look at him.

"Really?" Fascinating, Smed thought.

"Well, it was only today." Logan said then as if it weren't that important.

"This is just scandalous." Smed slightly teased. He was trying to figure it out. Maybe there was a lot more that Logan was keeping from him.

Logan shook his head. "I think...Alex likes me."

"You're sure about that?" Smed almost gave Logan a wink.

"I kissed a guy." Logan finally breathed out.

Smed just nodded. Trying to not think about it.

"That Javi guy." He shut his eyes tight. "All right, we made out. In his room. You see, I was trying to get out of there, and I needed to go to the bathroom, but I walked in on this little kid. Scared the shit out of me. Like, what the hell am I doing? I just ran. I freaked, you know. I can't sneak around like that. And then, then I see Javi with, with this professor dude, and it wasn't just lunch. It wasn't. It was something else. Its like, I know Javi is waiting, waiting for something to happen with this dude. And..and I'm just, you know..nothing. Just something, to kill time with, maybe."

"OK." Smed was getting the jest of it now. "So, you're smart. You haven't done anything wrong."

"Well, I can't wait around for this..this Javi." Logan fretted. "And what-what if this Alex is no better. I feel like I'm one of the dominoes just-just ready to take a fall."

"What about Sammi?" Smed wondered what happened there.

"What about her?" Logan almost scowled.

"Just be careful." Smed nodded. "And if you want to talk, again. I'm ready to listen."

Logan just nodded. He took a cookie then. Smed had a feeling he hadn't eaten in quite awhile.

8 comments:

ellie said...

I'm sure Logan must feel better to ..to have someone to talk too.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm glad that Logan was able to talk about it. Smed is a great friend! :)

ivy's closet said...

I feel kind of sad for Logan. Will he ever find love.

Josie said...

Smed is such a good friend!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

meg said...

I'm glad Smed listened.

lucy and sarah said...

He's a great friend.

Holly said...

I so liked this one. I feel sad for Logan. I hope he finds happiness.

Cait said...

Logan is so sweet. I just don't get why Sammi can be so cruel.