Monday, April 4, 2011

hanging around

"Did you see SKYLINE?" Alex was serious about his sci-fi movies. Of course, Logan couldn't even remember the questions. "Its way better." As it was they both weren't that impressed with Battle Los Angeles. But they'd spent the afternoon together at the dollar theater where college students sometimes went for a cheap thrill.

Alex was walking backwards now while talking about the movie, facing Logan. He was so easy going and nice. Alex talked about numerous things and Logan just listened. It was as if Logan had been waiting all this time to find someone to talk too.

"Look, I'm doing way too much talking, I'm tired of listening to myself. You say something." Alex sighed with laughter in his voice.

"Like what?" Logan wasn't sure if he could walk and talk all at the same time.

"I dunno, what's your favorite movie?" Alex wanted to know.

"God, that's a hard one." Logan found himself saying.

"Logan, there are no wrong answers." Alex chuckled.

"I dunno, I guess Starwars." Logan shrugged.

"OK, so what did you like about it?" Alex wanted to know.

"You know, I'd never seen anything like it and then my brother had to go and tell me there was the EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. But I liked the first one, best." Logan told him.

"Luke Skywalker, he was like, you know..myself..I guess. I mean, I wanted to be Luke Skywalker." Alex nodded.

Logan stopped. They were in front of Sammi's. He just knew this was a bad idea. But Alex thought it would be nice to ask if she wanted to go to the Chinese place with them. He was the one who had helped them get her in Derrick's car when she was drunk at the Mexican food place.

"Isn't she like your best friend, or something?" Alex reminded him once again.

Logan really drew a blank this time. He really didn't think she was much of a friend.

11 comments:

ellie said...

I'm glad Logan has someone to talk too.

ivy's closet said...

Oh, Alex! Well, maybe this'll be good for Logan.

lucy and sarah said...

Logan needs to have some fun.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Logan deserves to let loose every once in awhile! :)

Lux and Stan said...

Logan is so much more a listener than a talker.

Cuppykirsten said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog and for following me!
Great story you have here, I'm going to read all of it!

With love, Kirsten

Cait said...

He so needs a buddy.

better days said...

Oh, I new a new beginning of a friendship, here...

molly said...

I think I like Alex.

She is Sara said...

Poor Logan. But I am glad they are bonding :)

Josie said...

I feel so bad for Logan -- but I love that they're bonding!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com