Thursday, April 14, 2011

ready. set. go

"I'm going to work full time this summer." Zeke had decided. The manager at the nursing home was happy about that.

"What? No." Caitlin frowned. "You have school." She was on her laptop typing away.

"I'll..I'll take an online class." Zeke was sure they needed the money. He might have to put off school. There was time. It would just be a slower process now.

"But-" She looked at him as if it were all her fault.

"Don't. Its fine. I need this. I do. I want too. OK." He sat next to her on the bed then and put his arm around her. "We'll be just fine. Besides, its a miserable economy. And, I like my job there."

He really did like seeing the old crowd. It felt good to see them smile. To talk. Help out with games. It was a good feeling.

"All right." She nodded.

"Good." He kissed her cheek, getting her full attention. They kissed.

"You know, if we got more roommates, we could pay less rent." Caitlin smiled then.

"Well, you should talk to Sammi about that." Zeke had nothing to do with who lived here. Actually, he liked who was here. He wasn't sure he wanted any new roommates. Couldn't they just not worry so much about the future? For once?

6 comments:

Cuppykirsten said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog :)

Nice post again!

With love, Kirsten

Cafe Fashionista said...

Things between Zeke and Caitlin seem a little...off right now. :/

lucy and sarah said...

Hmmm...who could move in?

ivy's closet said...

I hope they are OK.

She is Sara said...

I hope they are going to be able to get through this!

Josie said...

I'm with Zeke -- sometimes it's best to just live in the present for a minute.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com