Tuesday, May 24, 2011

so mellow

Logan was beginning to worry. He hadn't heard from Alex. Then came the news about Caitlin. He couldn't exactly mourn his own loss when it was nothing to the magnitude for Caitlin and Zeke. Besides, classes were finally over. His mother wanted him to come home. He just didn't want to.

"Are you?" He asked Noel.

"I'm going to the beach." Noel said as if he needed a well deserved vacation.

"The beach?" Logan scowled as if he knew what that exactly meant.

"What's wrong with that?" They'd met for dinner at their usual place. "You have to go home. Someone has to stay with Mom this summer."

"But-" Logan didn't want to take summer school, yet he couldn't bare to be there, either. "I-I can't." He couldn't speak of Alex and yet he knew he had to find him. It was so hard to decide what to do first. He knew he'd have to have a job if he wanted to stay here. Why hadn't he looked before now? Time was ticking. "Couldn't I just live with you?"

"Are you kidding me?" His brother gave him a dead stare. "I am a solo act." He lived in a studio apartment as it was.

"I know that. I-I just need a little time." If only his brother cared. Logan didn't even have a bicycle. It felt like the worst summer ever.

10 comments:

ivy's closet said...

I feel sad for Logan.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Logan is breaking my heart right now. :(

Cait said...

I hope he finds Alex.

Lux and Stan said...

Definitely, a miserable time for Logan.

She is Sara said...

Poor Logan, he has not been having the best luck lately.

Through My Eyes said...

Aww I feel bad for logan, (its okay I don't have a bicycle either), no but i seriously do feel bad.

cady said...

Poor Logan. He needs time, sure . . . but who knows how long that will take?

Josie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josie said...

Oh, poor Logan!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Meg said...

I feel really bad for Logan!