Friday, June 3, 2011

bitter sweet

It was just an accident that Caitlin crossed paths with Noel down at the gym. She'd started running again. It was amazing. She enjoyed it so much. Perhaps, it had to do, dropping the baby fat, but really it was the freedom to forget everything that had stricken her.

There were parts of her that felt a total failure. At least she was thinking this while out on the track. It was great to be alone, but then Noel showed up, and he looked really bummed about something.

"What's the matter?" She drew to a hault, feeling rather under dressed in her sport bra and track pants. She never imagined anyone seeing her. Since she usually got there during off hours.

"Oh, I hurt my hand." His jaw clinched as if he was in some kind of pain.

"You haven't been lifting, too much, now have?" She took a closer look.

He shook his head, no. He gasped, slightly.

"What did you do?" She looked at him as if she wanted him to be honest. But he looked away as if he didn't know how to tell her anything.

"I hit my brother." He started walking down the track. She caught up with.

"Why would you do that?" She winced, a bit confused. She knew they were close. Sort of, in their own way. He was a good older brother even if Logan might be inching past Noel. Then who would be the little brother?

"Because he's gay." He snapped. She sensed his anger as if Logan did the unthinkable.

Caitlin didn't know what to think. Perhaps, she wasn't sure she liked Noel's true colors, after all. She didn't think he'd be..so...immature, she guessed. Caitlin bit her bottom lip.

"Did he do something? Bad?" She was catching up again. A part of her wanted to race by him. Forget this. She didn't need this. But suddenly, she felt concerned. Only was it for Noel or Logan?

"Yes." He gritted. "He's gotta boyfriend."

"OK." Caitlin nodded. "And?"

"I dunno where he comes off thinking I'm-I'm not-" He shook his head. "God! I dunno if-if we'll ever be able to talk." He winced hard and he started to cry. "I need my brother. I need him. And..and he goes and does this shit."

"I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt you." Caitlin studied his tense face. He looked as if this was the end, and he didn't know what to do. Before she knew it, he was hugging her, as if he couldn't let go.

7 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I hope they can get through this. :/

lucy and sarah said...

wow, I wonder if she knows..what she's getting into.

ivy's closet said...

Very strange situation. I dunno about Noel. Just how close..he intends to get with Cait.

cady said...

Hmm. I don't really understand why he's broken up about his brother being gay. I'm guessing there's probably more to it than that. Hopefully.

griffin said...

He's so troubled.

Lux and Stan said...

Noel's really going off the deep end here.

Tea For Two said...

This is a cool blog concept :)