Monday, June 13, 2011

can it be this way

At least Paul was asleep. Evidently, Smed too. Megan was at her wits end. She felt bad about calling Zeke, but he was there in no time.

"Did something happen?" He wanted to know, already soaked from the rain that was pouring.

"No." She shook her head, but she didn't want to be alone. She was suppose to be the grownup here, but every noise that came along made her jump. "I'm glad you came." She went to make some tea, and find Zeke some dry clothes. "Just stay put." He was a puddle in the kitchen and she didn't want him getting the rest of the house damp. Of course, all she could find was some grey sweat pants and a pink T-shirt.

It was awkward when she handed over the clothes. She thought it was best he change right there. Megan went to get the tea ready. She had a feeling she might never get a wink of sleep at all. Thank God, Paul had summer school. She might sleep while he was at class.

"I bet Caitlin's sleeping right now." Megan shook her head as she was getting hot water in the cups. "She could sleep through anything."

"Well, she's not home." Zeke was away from the wet clothes on the floor and in the clothes she'd handed him.

"Not home?" Megan winced. "Where is she?"

"I dunno." Zeke looked unsure he could do anything about it. "She's quite aloof these days, you know."

"I dunno what to say to her, anymore, either. I keep waiting for her to talk, you know." Megan had decided it might be a long wait, but now she was worried. She intended to get to the bottom of this. She got out her cell. Caitlin better answer. She never ignored Megan's phone calls.

6 comments:

ellie said...

I'm glad Megan is concerned about Caitlin.

Lux and Stan said...

Oh, Megan might let Caitlin have it. I dunno.

O V said...

Hmmm..I dunno about this.

She is Sara said...

I hope Megan can get a hold of her.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I hope Caitlin is okay. :/

Cuppykirsten said...

Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate that you always leave a message.

This is awesome, as always. I love the uncertain feeling the story always has in it.

With love, Kirsten