Sunday, June 19, 2011

displaced

It's just a simple line
I can still hear it all of the time
If i can just hold on tonight
I know that nothing
Nothing survives
Nothing survives
I think i'm turned around
I'm looking up
Not looking down
And when i'm standing still
Watching you run
Watching you fall
Fall into me  -azure ray


"So what are you really trying to tell me?" Zeke didn't hold back, but he didn't say anything until he drove Caitlin back to the house. They sat there in his little economy car. "That its over? We're over."

"I-I..I didn't say that." She looked at him, longingly. Her frown was small, but he got it. She didn't need him around.

"It feels that way. I know its happening. Everyday, I ..just feel farther away from you. Like I'm going be stuck in this hole...all alone." He thought he might crumble. Zeke looked out at the rain. He watched the flashes of lightening.

"Don't say that." She shook her head, no.

"Right." He nodded. "I can't say anything, evidently. Because..you don't want me to say anything. Not anymore. I ..can't talk to you.." He shook his head, no. "I-I can't even sleep with you."

"We are fine." But she wouldn't look at him.

"No, we're not." Zeke squinted tears then.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know..I'm..I'm not myself." She told him. "I feel..I feel like I'm a total failure."

"How do you think I feel?" Zeke looked at Caitlin then.

"I know. I know. I know." She swallowed back tears and took his hand. "I'm so scared. I feel like I'm watching the world go by ..and ..and I can't even be  a part of it yet. But I know I want to be with you. And, and I think one day, we can try-"

"We don't have to." He shook his head, no.

"But we do. We just need to see this through." She told him. "I love you. I don't want to lose you."

He finally heard the words he longed to hear. He hugged her, telling her softly ... he loved her too.

6 comments:

Florence said...

Great post! You write well!

Visit me at :
Www.fantailflo.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

I hope they can work this out. :(

simon and josh said...

So glad they've started to talk.

Josie said...

Fingers crossed that everything turns out okay!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

She is Sara said...

Awww this is so sad! I really hope they make it!

Florence said...

awww reminds me of something

thanks for your comment ! ! !
Just did a new tag post .... check it out if you have time !

www.fantailflo.com