Thursday, July 21, 2011

finding their way

"Is he all right?" Caitlin wanted to know as they got in the car and drove away.

"Hard to say." Zeke kept his eyes on the road. Caitlin sipped cold bottled water as if she wanted to be plenty hydrated for this trip.

She'd wanted to say something to Smed, but thought it best to leave it alone. Let him get this out of his system. Of course, she felt as if she'd let Megan down, as well.

"Maybe they just need a break, you know." Caitlin let slip. Still there was the thought of how it was going to be, with Megan and Smed splitting. "But how's it going to work? Is he going to stay at the house? Is she? I mean, I-I won't know how to act around either of them, now."

"You'll know what to do. You always, do." Zeke smiled then as they drove farther out of the city.

"I can't even talk to my mom with out arguing. I don't think I'm that good." She shook her head.

"I don't think its over." Zeke was being optimistic, Caitlin supposed.

"I kind of wonder what Megan will do without Smed." Caitlin didn't want to be devious with her thoughts of Megan without a boyfriend. "You know, she's never ever been without a guy as long as I can remember."

"Maybe, this is just what she needs." Zeke told her he didn't know. But if this was a breakup, Caitlin knew it felt like an earth quake that was shaking her and Zeke up too.

"Do you know the heat index is over hundred degrees outside?" Caitlin was having second thoughts of spending the night in a tent.

"Well, we could go to that water park." Zeke smiled sweetly then.

"And maybe even a motel room." Caitlin knew they couldn't burn money at a resort, but a little R & R was definitely necessary.

8 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

A little R&R never hurts! :)

ivy's closet said...

I'm glad they can go on an adventure together.

ellie said...

That sounds great!

She is Sara said...

It looks like they all need a break!

Josie said...

I'm all for them relaxing a bit!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

O V said...

I want a vacation too!

better days said...

I hope they have fun.

emma wallace said...

Oooh, this is so fun! I can't wait to read back and catch up on the story!