Wednesday, August 24, 2011

the romantic

"I'm not sure ....we're really dating..dating..not like you and Smed." Randi found herself clarifying this with her cousin a few days later after the movie.

"But it was so fun, seeing you two, together. You're so cute." There went her cousin the romantic, making everything so beautiful and nostalgic.

Randi remembered how Natalie could collect shells on the beach and name each one. That was the crazy romantic.

"Well, we're not quite as cute as you and Smed." Randi thought she should leave it at that. It was just on a whim they went to the movies that night. Logan had begged her. Thus, she'd summoned Noel and well, there they were sitting next to those love birds, Logan and Alex. Randi smiled. She and Noel would never quite reach that sort of status. Especially, a random kiss at a theater. No way. The dude didn't even like to hold her hand.

"But you guys have been going out?" Natalie winced as she studied her pie they'd gotten at the Student coffee shop. She hadn't touched it. Of course, Randi ate her slice of chocolate cream pie, practically whole.

"Sure." That wasn't exactly true. Usually, she'd be over at his place. They might watch TV, but that wasn't really on their mind. They didn't really talk much. "Is anything the matter?" Randi pushed her empty plate away and stared at Natalie's slice of untouched apple pie.

"I'm..I'm just not hungry." Natalie looked kind of sad though.

"Come on, you can tell, what's up?" Randi thought her cousin was happy.

"I..I can't eat." Natalie shrugged. "I'm not hungry around Smed."

"Is he making you nervous?" He seemed like an OK guy, but what if it were just an act?

"No." Natalie shook her head. "I'm..I'm so happy. Its just... I keep thinking..it'll be over soon. Megan will be back at the house. Then what? I mean, I'm ..I'm like this experiment. Like, hey..you're great to do things with, but I don't wanna lose who I've been having sex with all this time..."

Randi squinted hard. Natalie really hit a nerve. What if Noel was just like that? If he found somebody to date, but kept her on the side.

"I'm sure he's over this..this Megan." Randi told her, but she stabbed Natalie's pie with her empty fork and took a bite. "God, why am I so hungry?" She asked with a stuffed mouth. This was kind of freaky, Randi thought. She was starving and Natalie was practically floating on air..in love.

10 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Both of them are in a very rough place right now. :/

mazzy may said...

Sounds far from perfect.

molly said...

What could it mean..Randi so hungry?

ellie's desk said...

Oh, I'm glad they can talk. Hopefully, they'll both open up more.

ellie said...

Hopefully, Natalie will have faith in Smed.

deeps said...

All that begins well has to have a happy ending :D

Mimi said...

hmmm, i wonder how this will turn out...

p.s. i think randi is such a unique name for a girl. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

amy b.s. said...

interested to see what happens...

blue hearts said...

So different. But I like their girl talk.

Josie said...

It's good that they have each other while they go through their issues.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com