Wednesday, September 21, 2011

tightening the screws

"Did you or didn't you?" Zeke put Smed on the spot.

"Did what?" Smed didn't have to tell him anything. Zeke felt a tad productive getting ready for the football game as Smed helped him with packing the car. He hoped Smed was being smart with Natalie.

"Sorry. Its just, I'd hate for you...you know..." Zeke was being cautious. He'd found the blankets they would be taking to the first football game of the season. It was going to be kind of a party. Everyone in the house was going to the game. And there was almost a chill of fall in the air now.

"Everything is fine." Smed grinned.

"You know, Megan's bringing that Dung fellow with her." Zeke thought Smed should know. He pulled out the big red hand prop that they usually took to the games.

"Good." Smed didn't look phased by the fact of seeing Megan with someone new.

"You, are OK with that?" Zeke winced thinking of the horror of something like that. The idea of Caitlin with someone else just made him grimace.

"Yes. I can deal." Smed stared at his brother then.

"You and Natalie?" Zeke sensed it now. Something did happen when Smed took her home. Zeke wasn't sure he wanted to believe Smed and Megan were so over. Zeke shook his head. He felt sure this was harder on him than it was on Smed. Change was like that for Zeke.

8 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Changes are a-brewing. :/

ellie said...

Zeke, it is odd, wondering how much those 2 would talk about their girlfriends.

molly said...

Oh, Zeke. I'm wondering if Caitlin and he will last.

mazzy may said...

I'm glad they still talk.

She is Sara said...

Its good that he is okay. And I really like Natalie!

Natalie said...

why thank you for the compliment. I have to say natalie is my favorite character, not because she has my name or anything *cough, cough* :P

caitlin and megan said...

Oh Natalie..I love you..hahahaaa...

Natalie said...

thanks for the note :P yeah its been tough through the years, but it makes me feel better to know that I can finally admit it to someone, anyone really, its made a great difference :D