Monday, October 3, 2011

two for one

"Well, yes, that could very well be it." Megan agreed with Derrick about Sammi. Yet again, she'd pulled one of her fits to go home early. They'd decided Sammi might not be over her parents divorce.

It was early morning now and they ended up at Derrick's hang out, The Waffle House. Although, he'd never had waffles there.

"I thought Dung was going to come with?" Derrick looked around noticing someone was missing. That guy who never said a word. Of course, Derrick guessed he might have done all the talking and never given Dung a chance to speak. No, that couldn't be it, he thought.

"I did too. But he has.. like this early morning work out and then he teaches a yogi class and then karate." Megan shrugged.

"Don't you want to go to one of his classes?" Derrick teased.

"I dunno." Megan smiled, shaking her head, no.

"You want to know what I did?" Derrick couldn't resist.

"I'm not sure." She forked a sausage then and played with it in the pancake syrup.

"When I was around seven I wanted to be a Kung Fu master. We never had the money for me to take karate. Anyway, this rich kid friend took me to his class. God, I was trying to get the bow in right, and whatever. Just as I'm getting introduced to the instructor I make the loudest fart ever."

Megan choked into laughter. Syrup edged on the corner of her mouth. He so wanted to tend to it, but didn't. Derrick handed her a napkin, instead.

"Needless to say, that was the end of my Kung Fu career." He smirked.

"Maybe you should try it, again." Megan smiled, cleaning her face.

"No, thank you. I'm fine being my nerdy self." He slurped his watered Mountain Dew.

"It suits you." Megan nodded.

"So, are you, going to go out with the karate kid, again?" Derrick wondered.

"It depends." She drank her warm coffee. "If he asks me, but I have a feeling I bore him."

"How could you?" Derrick teased as he let a smile slip. He didn't find Megan boring.

8 comments:

Josie said...

If there's one thing Megan ISN'T, it's boring!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

ivy's closet said...

I like them together.

ellie said...

Derrick is something.

lucy and sarah said...

Very funny. I do wonder what Dung thinks of her.

Cafe Fashionista said...

They need to get together - cute couple alert! :)

mazzy may said...

That made me smile.

ivy said...

Definitely, need to know they could be best together.

deeps said...

the longer they are together, the better...