Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We're finding every day in several ways that we could be friends

Sammi kept having the same dream. It was always about Logan. How they kept missing each other. A lot like in real-life, evidently. She was always just missing him. Even in the dream.

Of course, each day she felt as if Alex was keeping him from her. He was doing it on purpose. She sensed it. She hardly spoke to Alex anymore, but of course, she took it out on Derrick.

Funny, how she'd talk herself into how much she wanted to be with Derrick each morning, but by lunch she was in a bad mood and wanted to just keep to herself. By three she was ready to fall into bed and sleep until six. But then she didn't go to bed at night until way after two in the morning. Perhaps if she could get her sleep cycle on track, everything else would work itself out. But it hadn't. Nothing had worked itself out.

She flopped back on her bed in her room. But she kept the lights on, trying to stay awake in the afternoon, trying to do homework. Yet she nodded off.

"I'm here!" Someone was in a good mood. Logan flung the door open and woke Sammi suddenly.

"Why didn't you knock?" She sat up frustrated.

"I did. A lot." Logan winced. "I was afraid something was the matter."

"Well, I'm fine." She hugged herself.

"Are you sure?" He came closer, and she set at the edge of the bed staring at her long skinny toes with the black nail polish. She shrugged.

"Look," he stared at her. "Are we going to do this or not?"

"What?" She winced at him as if she wasn't sure what he had in mind.

"Talk?" Logan squinted hard. "You told Alex, we needed to talk."

"Yeah, like..like last week." She acted as if it was too late. Logan sighed.

"Maybe you need to see someone, about this." Logan was even lipped as he looked her over.

"About what?" She looked at him as if he could shut up now.

"About you. You've lost weight. You look tired. Are you doing anything fun, anymore?" He wanted to know.

"I have Derrick." But she made him sound like a headache.

"I think you're even depressing Derrick." Logan smirked then. "That's quite an accomplishment, you know."

Sammi almost smiled.

"Look, there is nothing to feel guilty about, anymore." Logan gave her pat on the back. "Natalie, has moved on. She's got Smed." Immediately, tears emerged when Logan said Smed's name.

Logan  hugged her so she could cry on his shoulder.

"I can't believe you're still hung up on him." Logan sighed. Sammi hugged him harder.

"I'm not. Its just me." She muttered. "Why am I like this? Why couldn't he have ever...liked me? What did I do... that was so wrong? I do everything wrong." She cried for a few more minutes.

Logan said he was going to call for some Chinese. They'd watch the first season of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER tonight. He promised it would get better. But she'd have to want to get better first.

7 comments:

ellie said...

I'm glad Logan talked to her.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Logan is such a good guy to talk to her. :)

Natalie said...

I really love Logan's charcter (:

lucy and sarah said...

I'm glad Logan could cheer her up. She needs him.

Natalie said...

haha well Logan seems pretty cool and thank you for telling me I have a sweet voice, haha, (: (I tend to think it sounds rather masculine, lol) it was nice to hear

Josie said...

Logan is just such a sweetheart!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

She is Sara said...

She dreamed about him and now he is here!