Friday, November 18, 2011

not until then

"The point is...I'm slipping." Smed finally confessed to Zeke while they were washing up last night's dishes in the sink. Zeke dried dishes while Smed washed.

"Slipping?" Zeke winced. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Natalie." Smed squinted. "Its like, I have to have her. I just do. I want her to move in. But I think it all has to do with winter. I mean, I know I shouldn't rush it. I don't want to. But, its like I'm on auto-pilot."

He was frustrated with himself. A part himself hated the idea of having somebody around, constantly. He had his own space. He appreciated it. Yet, it was as if he needed her with him. Everything was better with Natalie.  But what if he ruined it?

"Did you ask her?" Zeke put dishes in the cupboard. He worked around Smed.

"I'm afraid too." He wasn't sure he'd like the answer. And he had no idea what he really wanted the answer to be.

"You see her enough." Zeke settled it.

"I know." He thought of Megan then. How it was so sudden. Practically, set in stone when they moved in together. "I want it to be the right moment. But really I have no idea when the right moment is."

"Wish I could help." Zeke gave Smed a pat on the back. "I'm sure you'll know when its right. She might like sleeping alone. She might like having her own space too."

Smed nodded. He guessed Zeke was right.

3 comments:

ellie said...

Oh..so much to decide!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Relationships just take some time to fully develop. It'll be okay. I hope. :/

molly said...

Smed is worrying too much.