Monday, November 28, 2011

something in the air

"I don't think you'd be that fond of Thanksgiving, at our place." Lyle was leaning against his truck. He'd just gotten back from his parents, but he'd came straight to see Sammi. "We go deer hunting for starters."

"Deer hunting on Thanksgiving?" Sammi made a face, yet there was something about the outdoor odor of Lyle that she couldn't quite get enough of.

"Well, I don't really hunt. But I had to go at 4 in the morning." He sounded tired and she tripped over his feet in front of her and fell right on him. She felt a little woozy.

"That's early." She looked up at him.

"Yeah, I have to do the cleaning and the skinning. You probably don't want to hear about that." He was leaning with his arms on the edges of the truck. His smile was even. She studied it from where she pressed against him.

"Oh, of course, I want to know." She was all smiles as if she didn't even hear the question.

"You're really funny, you know that?" His smile was open. She kissed him then.

"I missed you." She told him. Thanksgiving was just horrible. She'd stayed in her room the entire time. "You should have taken me with you."

She looked at his startled eyes. But she felt his thumb across her chin.

"What are you on?" He cracked up.

But she took his hands.

"Come on." She was going to have her way with him or else. She'd decided. "We're going to my room and don't tell me, you can't. Because you can and you are."

"Well.." He cleared his throat. "You kind of make me want to see this through, you know. But it might be better if I watch from a distance." He stumbled his way with her.

"Oh, quit being weird." She laughed.

"This is really weird." But he followed, and she was happy that he did.

4 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm glad they're doing this together. :)

Unlucky said...

I likewise think so , perfectly written post!

From Smart People

ellie said...

Must be those pheromones in the air that's making Sammi go wild.

Sara said...

I am so happy to see that Sammi is finally happy, I knew she had it in her.