Tuesday, November 8, 2011

times a changing

"Are you really OK with this?" Zeke wanted to know. Of course, possibly he should have had this conversation with Caitlin, but he was with Smed who was checking his oil under the hood. "You know, Derrick spent the night. Halloween."

Smed glared at Zeke as if he didn't really need to know.

"She says they're just friends." Zeke watched. He really wasn't fond of changing oil, but he'd been learning a thing or two from Smed.

"I imagine they are." Smed wasn't bitter about it.

"How can you stand this?" Zeke knew if it were Caitlin back with Derrick he'd be going crazy. He never wanted to imagine being with anybody else. Caitlin was his life. But he didn't want Smed thinking he was mental.

"Its OK. I saw her with that other guy. And besides she sees me with Natalie, all the time." Smed looked at him as if it was not a problem. He cleaned his oily hands then as he finished up the oil job.

"But its Derrick." Zeke couldn't believe he'd forget the trouble with Derrick from last year.

"I know. And I have faith in Megan that she knows what she's doing with him. So..so just let it go." Smed told him.

Zeke nodded. It was different now. There was a time they really talked. There was a time he believed that the only person Smed would ever be with was Megan. After all, Caitlin was the only girl that Zeke had ever been with.

6 comments:

ellie said...

I find Zeke kind of naive in one way, yet I like his value of Caitlin too.

While Smed might be too mature for his own good. Its interesting to see the guy's perspective

mazzy may said...

Well, I commend Zeke on wanting his future to be with one girl.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm glad they're talking this out. :)

Stephanie said...

I love reading about these two!

Eternally yours,
Stephanie

Sara said...

Awww, Zeke is such a sweetie.

Josie said...

I'm so glad they're talking!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com