Wednesday, December 14, 2011

maybe I should write you a letter

"You're really going to get married in that?" Caitlin stared at the catalog picture of a girl in a bikini in bright orange with a flowy wrap to go with it just as bright.

"Well, remember that steampunk outfit you kept saying was crying your name, for your wedding? I wasn't so fond of that, either." Megan slightly scowled.

"But, its white." Caitlin winced a little.

"With bloomers." Megan eyeballed her.

"Its all going so fast." Caitlin hugged herself tightly.

"Well, I don't want to be engaged forever, like..someone I know." Megan sighed as she took back the catalog from her.

Caitlin said nothing. They were doing their best not to fuss. But if they didn't speak their mind, it would be like not talking, at all.

"You know, what I think?" Megan slyly smiled. "You and Zeke should come with us on the cruise, and just do it. Get married." Megan felt woozy just thinking about it.

"What did he do to you?" Caitlin just didn't get her excitement, evidently. "Are you on drugs!" Caitlin went to the kitchen then as if to make sure every spot was clean. She had to have the whole place looking like a show room before she'd sit down and study for her final.

"I know, you can't be happy for me, but..." Megan sighed, wishing she could explain it. "I really think its gonna work this time."

"You think?" Caitlin fired back. "You don't know?"

Of course, Caitlin would take that attitude. Always sure of everything in her life, especially with Zeke, who Megan was beginning to think he was her YES, DEAR. Could the guy even think for himself, anymore?

Megan wouldn't dwell on it.  As it was, the back door openned and there was Natalie with this gangly kid, who was carrying a sleeping bag.

As usual, Natalie was her apologetic self. She needed a place for her friend, Alfie to stay. She needed to be studying, Christmas shopping, anything but putting up with an extra guest.

Megan went to put on a pot of coffee while Natalie explained her dilemma. She looked back at Alfie thinking how much fun Logan and Alex would have with him, but they were hiding out at the library studying.

"You really have no idea how you are upsetting our natural habitat." She told Alfie as she went to get out the milk for the coffee while Natalie and Megan went to talk with Sammi about Alfie's stay.

"Huh, I haven't been back to college since I dropped out my first semester. Its just, my folks finally found out." He shrugged.

"What have you been doing all this time?" She looked at him a little funny.

"You know, hanging out and what not." He shrugged. He was a little too vague for Megan's taste. What did that mean? Was he living on the street or what?

11 comments:

Josie said...

A little bit shady...
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

FWB said...

At least they have Alfie to worry about and not each other now. Perhaps.

mazzy may said...

Its kind of funny how they are talking about wedding outfits.

Florence said...

hahaha so funny

Cuppykirsten said...

Funny, I somehow recognize this (:

With love, Kirsten

Cafe Fashionista said...

So much is unknown between all of them. :/

lucy and sarah said...

Alfie, I wonder what he'll do?

ivy's closet said...

Oh, those two. I do wonder how married life will be for Megan.

Stephanie said...

It will be interesting to see how Megan's life after marriage will be.

dina vanessa mercado said...

great blog!!! following you now...visit my blogs for my international christmas giveaway!!!

http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

kisses!!!

dina vanessa mercado said...

great blog!!! following you now...visit my blogs for my international christmas giveaway!!!

http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

kisses!!!