Monday, December 26, 2011

so it goes

"I wonder what they're doing right now?" Caitlin festered a frown.

Zeke knew he couldn't quite console her enough. Maybe it was the presents. He guessed he should have gotten her jewelry, after all. He'd gotten her a Kindle Fire, but she wasn't too amused with it, even if it was the only thing on her list.

"Obviously, Derrick and Megan are having a lot more fun than we are." There was still wrapping paper to pick up. It wasn't like anyone was helping. Alex and Logan had a new found friend to play video games with while Randi and Noel were off to Natalie's with Smed. Sammi was somewhere, probably on her cell with Lyle.

"I might never see them, again." Caitlin still sad, practically sobbing. He knew she meant Megan. She didn't really care if she saw Derrick, ever again.

"I dunno what I'd do..if..if something bad were to happen. You know, like what you hear on the news all the time. What if he kills her?" Caitlin flung a trash bag open.

"I can't believe you said that." Zeke looked at her shocked. "Stop thinking like that. What is wrong with you?"

"I can't help it." Caitlin shrugged in a pout, but went to picking up the aftermath of Christmas.

"Look, you two are going to stay in touch. It'll be OK. It will." He grabbed her shoulders and looked her in the eye. "You have to be happy for her."

"I know." She winced, still not in a good mood. She looked up at him as she dropped the trash bag. She gave him a hug. "My mother wants me to play WORDS WITH FRIENDS with her. She got a Kindle Fire, too."

"That'll be good." She needed a game to play. "I'll start dinner." The roast was in the crockpot, already. All they needed were some mashed potatoes and plenty of green bean casserole for everyone.

5 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

So much curiosity abound! :/

ivy said...

I'm sure Caitlin is going through withdrawal. Doesn't help that Randi is gone, too.

Sara said...

Wow, that must be so hard to go through :(

ellie said...

I feel bad for Zeke having to take care of Caitlin falling apart.

mazzy may said...

Hopefully, Caitlin will be OK..