Sunday, December 4, 2011

winter solistic

"Do you like it?" It was a simple pearl ring, but the real deal. He hoped it fit. Derrick clumsily placed it on Megan's finger. He smiled then. It fit and it was amazing to see it on her finger. They sat together in her bed. She had her legs crossed, and he watched her face, so sincere. Her lips so elegant, yet a tad awkward too.

"I love it." She grinned more. "I can't..I can't believe you did this."

"Well, you have to start believing me." He kissed her lips, but she was crying. It was the last thing he expected. "I want you to be happy."

"I am." She took another look at the ring on her finger. "Its just, you know..its you and me."

"And it'll be fantastic." His grin was open and genuine.

She nodded.

"Maybe, maybe we shouldn't wait." He told her even if he hadn't exactly made the most elaborate proposal. No flowers, no music. No fancy dining.

"Like right now?" She looked at him as if she could not be married her pajamas.

"No, I was thinking more of a cruise. Like on winter break. You know, get the honeymoon deal, or something." He sighed.

"I like it." She shocked him. She wasn't arguing.

"Really?" Derrick was all grins. Suddenly, he imagined their children. Children with Megan. He kissed her again. It felt as if the room radiated with light. Maybe it was their happiness, or possibly the pure white blanket of snow outside. Honestly, though, he intended to make the most of the day.

4 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ah, I'm so excited for them! :)

Sara said...

I am happy for them!

ellie said...

Definitely, exciting! Hope they work to make each other happy.

mazzy may said...

totally holiday sweet!