Sunday, January 15, 2012

it could never be us

"You sure about Lyle?" Logan held it in as long as he could about questioning Sammi, but here she was alone, studying in the library. No, Lyle around.

"Sure I'm sure." She smiled. Then she winced. "What are you talking about?" She thumped her pencil on the pad she was taking notes on.

"I think ..I think you two are moving too fast." Logan leaned back on the not so comfortable chair as he looked at Sammi thinking she should really start considering what he had to say.

"Oh, and you never did with Alex?" She eyeballed him as if he needed to keep his mouth shut.

"Its just, I don't want..I don't want you to get depressed. You know, that maybe..you might decide he's the wrong guy for you, like Derrick."

"Oh my god." She grinned. "You're just jealous."

"No. I'm not jealous." He looked at her puzzled as if he had no idea what she was talking about. "I care about you. And I want you to be careful." Was it wrong of him to say it?

"We will figure it out, together." She informed him. "Things are not perfect with him, but I really want to know him. And, and now I know..what we should do."

Logan just smiled. Deep down, he knew Sammi was a control freak, and he was happy it never worked out with her.

10 comments:

ivy's closet said...

Sometimes, you wonder what is really going on with someone. Its not easy being a friend.

ellie said...

I'm glad Logan has figured this out.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Logan has definitely gotten smart regarding Sammi's tricks. :/

Sara said...

I like that Logan is finally figuring out Sammi.

lucy and sarah said...

I think Logan has grown up more than Sammi.

mazzy may said...

Oh..I hope Sammi figures this out about herself.

molly said...

So complex, but good to figure friends out.

FWB said...

Logan's gotten smart.

Josie said...

Logan has gotten seriously streetwise.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Natalie said...

I'm glad that Logan is starting to get a grip on sammi