Saturday, January 7, 2012

what do you really need to know

"OK, I made you mock mac n cheese with cauliflower." As tired as Noel was from his first week of teaching, he knew a lot of the meal, had to do with presentation. He put it on the simple plate as well as he could. Of course, Randi was already nibbling on a sandwich.

"But its not real mac'n cheese without the macaroni?"  Randi winced.

"That's where the mock..comes in." How hard was this to explain to her? Yes, he'd done his best to hold his tongue during the holidays and let her have her cake and eat it to, so to speak, while they were at Natalie's parents. As of yet, they hadn't met Randi's mother because she was off paying homage to something in some far off place.

Evidently, Randi's mother was weird. No wonder, Randi was so quirky. Natalie's family on the other hand were so normal. He wished Randi had more normal in her family.

"Just try it, and..and if you don't like it, I won't make it. Ever again." But he wanted to make it more since he was sure this wasn't exactly perfect. After all, it looked more like soup.

"I dunno." She made a face when she looked at it. "The cheese won't stick to the cauliflower." But she started to eat and it was gone before Noel could even have a taste.

"So you liked it?" Noel grinned.

"Not really, I was just hungry." She shrugged.

Noel had to wonder if their was more than one she was carrying inside her womb. Naturally, he started to think. What if they had twins?

"I'm thinking I better make time to go to your next appointment." He tried to keep smiling. He hoped this didn't turn out to be a nightmare.

12 comments:

Mimi said...

i think mock mac n cheese with cauliflower sounds interesting! ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

mazzy may said...

Noel is trying. They are an interesting pair.

molly said...

I do like cauliflower and cheese together.

ivy's closet said...

I'd like to try that. But it might be soup, like she said.

ellie said...

Its good that he's worrying over her.

Cafe Fashionista said...

They'll get through it all. :)

simon and josh said...

He's gonna be a good dad and hubby.

skins again said...

This is cute.

Rachel {Da Paura ♥} said...

I've got a giveaway on my blog, some edgy chain shoe jewelry from Blue Vanilla! Feel free to stop by if you would like to enter! :)

x
Rachel

FWB said...

I like that he's working so hard for her...and the baby.

Sara said...

They are cute, I am glad that they are trying new things :)

Josie said...

I love that he's trying so hard!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com