Saturday, February 18, 2012

everywhere you turn

Logan couldn't believe the excitement. He and Alex came as quick as they heard. They were expecting to take turns, holding Randi's hand through the ordeal.

But that didn't happen.

There was a hold up at admissions. Noel was stuck with paperwork. Or so Logan guessed. He didn't know what the big deal was. They'd taken Randi upstairs. It looked as if they were going to try to keep the baby from coming, at first. But then last minute the doctors wanted to take her into surgery.

"I dunno what's happening, exactly." Logan told Megan on the phone. "But, I think the baby is coming."

He tried to listen to Megan talk about her apartment, and New York City, but all the while he was catching phrases about Noel and his insurance. It wasn't covering Randi. Finally, he told them he guessed they'd go with medicare. After all. Since she was on it, anyway.

"What are you doing?" Logan looked at his brother.

"Its complicated. She's having surgery." Noel looked at Logan as if he was about to lose it. He made a disgusting look as if their was a certain horror they needed to prepare themselves for. "I dunno, if..if I can do this."

"What? Your insurance won't cover it?" That was the most ridiculous thing he'd ever heard.

"Well. I never actually put her on my insurance, because it would..cost too much." Noel told him.

"Are you serious!" Now Logan was furious. "I thought that was the whole point of you getting a job. You getting insurance for the baby, and Randi."

Of course, Alex clarified it was medicaid instead of medicare.

Noel kept having trouble breathing. As if he might pass out. But he wouldn't look at Logan.

"I'm sorry. I know. I'm suppose to be here for the two of them. But now surgery! I dunno if I can..I can even look at Randi now. She'll..she'll be scarred! For life!" He looked as if a horror movie was in progress.

"Well, you are a major factor, in getting her in this predicament. Noel!" Logan wanted to slap him or something. What was going on with him?

"What if ..if its not even my kid!" Noel decided as if he shouldn't even be here. "The baby is coming, way to early. How could it possibly be mine!"

Noel was in a sweat now.  Logan looked at Alex, wondering what to do.

"She is gonna hate me! She's gonna hate me!" He was yelling now, but before they could get to him...Noel took off running. Alex went to chase him down. Only, all Logan could hear were the screech of Noel's car. There was no way they could keep him here.

7 comments:

ellie said...

I did not see that coming.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Such a shocker! :/

lucy and sarah said...

Noel is pretty much a jerk.

mazzy may said...

He's pretty selfish.

Ben and Molly said...

Noel? Wow, How could he?

Spencer and Toby said...

I'm really not lik'n Noel at the moment.

ivy's closet said...

How could he be so cruel?