Tuesday, February 14, 2012

where does the time go

Noel got red roses for Randi.

"And I made reservations." They'd have a nice lobster dinner. It was the least he could do.

"I dunno. I feel stuffed, lately." Randi took the roses and waddled over to the cabinets. She opened a cupboard and pointed to a vase which Noel had to get down for her. He put the roses in water.

"What do you mean? You don't want to go?" He looked at her as if she was being down right mean to him. Maybe. Was she even making sense?

"I feel weird." She noted as she held on to her lower back.

"What are you talking about? Is it the baby?" Noel squinted hard. "Please..please..don't say its the baby."

"OK. I won't." She gave him a soured look. But he was on 911 before she could finish her sentence.

She looked as if she were in too much pain.

"I just ate the wrong thing, you know." She fretted. Noel hung up before it could ring. He'd  get her to the emergency room himself.

"Like what? Bad mushrooms?" He wouldn't put anything past her.

"No. Its sugar. Too much sugar makes me forget things. Like my vitamins, you know." She really looked bad from the expression she was giving him.

"Uh-huh." He grabbed her coat and stirred her toward the door.

"God, its so good though. I promise, I will never..ever eat another sugar cookie." She told him.

"Yes, lets blame it on the sugar. Why don't we?" The baby couldn't come yet. She had a few more months to go. Didn't she?

9 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

What a puzzling situation. :/

lucy and sarah said...

That must be so nerve wrecking for these guys.

simon and josh said...

Sounds like its time for the hospital!

Happy Valentines day!!

ellie's desk said...

Oh ..Wow..that would really put Valentines day in a fix.

Stephanie said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Eternally yours,
Stephanie

ellie said...

Oh, my..how exciting. The baby!

Sara said...

Oh I hope she is okay!

Alysha said...

I can't resist sugar cookies either! Hope she's okay though!

Josie said...

I hope she's doing okay!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com