Saturday, March 31, 2012

we miss him so

"So...." This wasn't easy to get used too. When Logan looked at Randi, he thought of his brother and how much Noel and Randi were in love and their future. "You and Zeke?"

"We're just friends," she said, but he could see her almost jumping with enthusiasm to go out. But she was in  a red maternity tunic over her dark leggins. She was sporting those army boots she used to wear to work. He could see she'd lost a ton of weight. Maybe even thinner than before she was a pregnant.

"OK." He didn't mean to make a big deal of it. He was here to watch Ari while they were out. Alex was coming over later with pizza. "Its just..you know..you look like, maybe its..a date."

"Do I?" She winced then, wondering if its true. "Well, what do you want me to wear?"

"No, no..I didn't mean it...I mean, you're fine. Really." Logan squinted hard. "I mean, I guess..its really over. You and Noel." It was so sad to think it would end this way. Noel's M.I.A.

"Look, if he came back now, no way would I think it was all right. I don't want to see him." She was adamant about it. "I don't want him to have a thing to do with Ari."

"But?" Logan didn't mean to press her on the issue. "You would let him see her, right?"

"I don't want to think about it. Besides, he's not here, now is he?" She had no faith in Noel. But she was so happy to see Zeke when he got there. Logan had to wonder if even Zeke knew how happy she was to see him.

5 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

They're so cute together! :)

lucy and sarah said...

Sometimes, its better to be clueless about these things.

ivy's closet said...

I'm excited for both of them.

mazzy may said...

I can understand why Randi would feel this way about Noel. I hope it goes well with Zeke.

Sara said...

It's got to be hard for her, I hope he realizes that she needs someone in her life sometimes :)