Thursday, April 12, 2012

no need for an alarm

Randi watched Sheila with Ari. A part of her was timid since she was the one with the baby. As if she was suppose to act a certain way. Randi begin to wonder if she were saying the right things. If she should even be here, at all. She was sure Sheila wanted to be with her brothers.

Smed left soon enough to pick up Natalie.

"I'll order pizza," Zeke was full of smiles as if he could never be mad at his little sister. "Anything special?" Randi thought he was asking Sheila, but he was talking to her.

"Oh, cheese'll be just fine." She didn't want to put anyone out. Suddenly, she felt as if she were burden of some kind, but it wasn't like she could leave Ari at home. In spite of being ready for every emergency in her diaper bag, suddenly she knew she'd out stayed her welcome.

Ari let out a cry like an alarm. Suddenly her breasts were full, and they were leaking. Randi squinted hard. She took Ari then.

"I have to do something." Randi announced.

"Like what?" Sheila asked.

"Nature's calling." Randi bit her bottom lip. Her breasts were like a load of rocks, waiting to tear from her. "Maybe, I can go to the bathroom."

"Uh.." Zeke squinted, as if he knew what this was about. "You don't want to sit on the toilet." He ushered to his bedroom. "You can have some privacy back here. Are you sure cheese pizza is enough? How about hamburger? I'll order a big salad. I have some juice."

"That would be great." She had no time to talk. Minutes were wasting. He went to get some extra pillows.

"How do you want to do this?" He wanted to know. "Do you lay down?" He didn't have a rocking chair.

"No, I'll just sit here." She shooed him away, but he took her shoes off anyway, and got her situated comfortable on the bed. She waited for him to leave. Maybe if it were just him, she would have breastfed in front of him, but she doubted it. As it was she felt very ungraceful in the process. Yet it was instant gratification when Avi found what she was looking for.

Randi felt happy that she was here for Ari, yet so sad. She felt as if she'd ruined Zeke's homecoming for his sister.

6 comments:

ellie said...

Oh, I kind of hope Randi gets what she wishes for with Zeke. Just, can't help it.

lucy and sarah said...

I think he's kind of sweet on her. Really.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I hope things start to look up for Randi. :/

Josie said...

I hope things improve for poor Randi soon!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Sara said...

Aw, I don't think Randi wore out her welcome! I am glad that here was here for her :)

ivy's closet said...

I like the way Zeke is around her. I think he cares.