Sunday, May 20, 2012

get ready, set, go

"She's mad at me, but I don't really care." Randi told Zeke after she got off the phone with Natalie. "Its not like I'm living in a fairytale." She sighed. Then she looked at him, touching his cheek. "I didn't mean it like that. Honest. The reality of it is..maybe I want too much. I guess. Do I want too much?"

"No." He winced, but then smiled. "Things change. And sometimes, you can wait it out, or just, you know, do it." He smiled more. He would be working full time soon, too. Although, they agreed he should at least take some classes. But not this summer.

"Natalie met someone." Randi thought it best to change the subject.

"I still can't believe Smed broke up with her, like that, you know. Why?" He shook his head.

"I hope she'll have fun. Not stress out about, you know, us. Smed." She smiled. Yes, she was certain of it, it would be a small affair at the justice of the peace. But Natalie's parents would be there and Zeke's sister and mother were coming too.

It would have been nice to have had Natalie around to help her find the perfect dress. But as luck would have it, they'd found something at an online Steampunk store. Of course, they'd used it for inspiration. Her dress was a modified wedding dress she'd found at a thrift shop and a very old suit for Zeke. Now it was just getting those sideburns of Zeke's into lamb-chops. Instead of Woman in Black theme..they were going for a very Victorian Lady in White theme.

She rubbed the side of his face once more. He was looking so manly and Randi could hardly stop smiling.

6 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Their wedding theme sounds divine! :)

ivy's closet said...

Sounds like a fun wedding.

ellie said...

This sounds like an amazing wedding, already.

Aurelia (A Pretty Life) said...

wow sounds like great wedding
http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

lucy and sarah said...

I'm so looking forward to this.

mazzy may said...

How sweet!