Friday, May 18, 2012

not quite a nightmare

"I dunno. Isn't this moving too fast?" Natalie thought Randi might be on drugs the way she was talking about Zeke. She was still trying to wrap it around her head, what Smed did to her. It was obvious he wanted to ruin this trip for her. "Tell me, you'll, wait until I get back before, you have a wedding?"

"I dunno, if I can do that." They'd already applied for a license.

"Randi? What about Noel? Don't you want to get child support, at least from that jerk?" Natalie thought her cousin was more dingy than ever.

"I don't care, anymore. I'm happy with Zeke. He's great with Ari." Randi told her.

"This is about Ari, isn't it?" Natalie thought that was very old fashioned. Randi was doing this for the baby.

"No. I want to have a family. Zeke and I have talked a lot about this. He's my best friend and I love him. I love him so differently than Noel. He's so good. He really is. We haven't even had sex yet."

"Randi, what happened to you?" Natalie always knew her cousin as a free spirit.

"Maybe you need to be the old me, this summer." Randi teased.

Natalie told her things weren't that much different this summer than last. The food was better, however and so were the sights.

"Have you met anyone?" Randi asked.

"Well," Natalie sighed. There was one guy she worked with. He was British, and so solemn. The saddest thing in the world, in fact. "His name is Hallum. He doesn't talk much."

"Maybe, he's had a worse break-up, than you." Randi told her.

"I dunno. He's not saying much of anything these days." Natalie was beginning to think she brought the worst out in others.

6 comments:

mazzy may said...

That was an interesting conversation.

ellie said...

Hopefully, Natalie will have some fun.

ivy's closet said...

I always wanted to meet someone named Hallum.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Natalie shouldn't be so hard on herself. :/

lucy and sarah said...

I hope Hallum will be great.

Sara said...

I hope to learn more about this Hallum.