Monday, June 25, 2012

wishing you were someone else

Caitlin couldn't be sure who she was seriously mad with. Was is Smed ignoring her for weeks on end, or finally facing the fact that Randi was having the wedding she'd wanted.

Zeke's sideburns were so annoying. Perhaps that pissed her off before she said anything to him when he came to the house. He was looking for Smed, but she was the only one there.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She asked point blank.

"So you could yell at me?" He shrugged. His eyes were still beautiful. Even with whatever that he was growing on his face, he was breath taking. Zeke was putting her in a panic. She could hardly catch her breath. "Look, you can't help it. I know. You can either be cold and never say anything, or scream until you have to scream more. That's you. I get that." He didn't even blink as he stared at her.

"You're making a mistake, you know." She finally heaved, making herself a little lightheaded. "You are only marrying her..because..."

"Because, you think I miss the family, we could have had?" Zeke's words were haunting and Caitlin thought she might choke on her own tears.

She said nothing.

"Don't you think I've gone over this in my head? Again, and again?" Zeke was in no hurry to leave. "That's not what its about with Randi." He sighed. "She's a lot tougher than she looks. And she's smart. She liked my cooking. And we talk, about everything. She will tell me everything. I love that about her. I love the way she listens to me. And I don't want to wait. I want to make it happen with her. I want to be her husband. I'm happy she wants to be my wife. And I'm ready to see whats next for us. I already feel like I'm home with her."

Caitlin couldn't look at him. His words only brought more tears. She was really listening. Maybe she'd write them down, wishing she could find that in someone, too.

3 comments:

ellie said...

I think Caitlin is in limbo.

Cafe Fashionista said...

She needed to hear it. :/

FWB said...

I think Zeke is moving on. I hope for the right reasons.