Wednesday, August 8, 2012

here and now

"Are you listening to me?" Smed hugged himself as he paced the kitchen floor.

They were alone now. Sammi watched the pain in his face. She wished they were in the pool right now. But he was in his old jean shorts, mud still on his socks from the garden. That grey tank of his was ready for the wash.

Dinner was so quaint. There was a left over chili casserole dinner he'd heated up with the stirfry. He always made sure supper was enough for everyone. Even Megan, but she didn't join them.

"Yes, I get it. Megan needs you." Sammi hugged herself too.

"No, she doesn't." He looked hurt that she'd even come to that conclusion. "I need you there if..if I'm going to talk to her."

"But she's..." Sammi didn't know how to say it. "She really isn't fond of me."

"Well...that makes two of us." He looked at her serious. "I do not want to be alone with her. Its like I need her to be nice. And..and I think she will be..if...if you are there with me."

"What do you want me to do?" Was it like an intervention, she wondered.

"Um, be there for me." He touched her shoulder then. She let a smile slip. She moved in before a polite kiss on the forehead. No, if they were serious about this, they needed to be serious about each other too. She kissed him on the lips, maybe for luck, but maybe it was to let him know, she really was there for him. She'd be there by his side. They were a team now. This included helping out exs, she supposed. Although, she wasn't so sure of the game plan. Sammi was sure, she would be there to follow him. No matter what.

5 comments:

lucy and sarah said...

I'm glad Sammi is going to be there for him.

ivy's closet said...

Sammi and Smed. I like the sound of that.

Cafe Fashionista said...

They're so sweet together! :)

ellie said...

I think its the perfect time for them now.

Sara said...

Go Sammi! She seems like a better person with him :)