Thursday, August 30, 2012

like its always been

Timo wasn't expecting this. Someone in line at Dollar General that he'd actually know. His half brother Gavin, who was as broad shouldered as he ever was. Probably had rock solid abs, too. He'd played football in high school.

"What are you doing here?" Timo looked up at him as if his brother couldn't be here. It had to be someone who looked like him.

"Well...you never returned my calls." Gavin flopped a Snickers bar on the counter to buy.

"You GPSed me?" Timo squinted hard as if this was just ridiculous. He didn't need his family. Never had. He always managed to get by, somehow.

"Yes. I did." Gavin glared at him as his face tensed. He really hadn't changed much. Good old likeable Gavin. Everyone loved him, or wanted to be him. He got good grades. He was the good son. Timo envied him so much.

"Seriously, you didn't need to come all this way to check up on me." Timo rang him up and made change from the dollar bill that Gavin gave him.

"Yeah, I did. Mom's worried sick. I know this is like old news to you, but there are some of us who care about you. I really don't know why, because you don't care what you put us through." Gavin's expressions were generally happy, but not around Timo.

"I'm fine." Timo wanted to shut the book on this and send him on his way, but Gavin was asking when he got off. Evidently, he depended on sticking around.

7 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Hopefully Gavin exposes Timo once and for all. :/

ellie said...

I hope Gavin can help.

Ewelina said...

I hope everything will be ok.

Chris Ed said...

not an easy situation...

ivy's closet said...

I'm glad Gavin found him.

lucy and sarah said...

Gavin does seem to be caring.

Josie said...

I hope Gavin can handle this.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com