Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Last time

Sheila meant business when she found Alfie, where he'd been staying all these weeks, at Paul's.

"Why haven't you called? What's going on?" She said the moment he answered the door. She was hurt and it just wasn't right that nothing worked out like she'd planned. They should be together somewhere. Anywhere, but here...perhaps.

"You know why." His voice was shaky and he wasn't going to let her in. But she pushed at him. Beating him on the chest. He couldn't make her go away.

Alfie pushed back and shut the door behind him. "You lied to me." He looked her in the eye.

"SO WHAT." She had the nerve to say, ready for a shoving match.

"I can't do this. I have to.."

"Have to what?" She kept her eye steady on him. He was almost trembling. It was as if she was a bad disease.

Sheila winced hard. This couldn't possibly be the end. No way.

"You..you'll find someone else. Your own age." He told her.

"No, I won't." She scowled. "You make it sound like you're 52 or something. You're just a few years older than me."

"I'm still too old for you." He was certain. "You're in high school. Just a Sophomore. I'm..I'm in college. I've got classes now. And..and there's Paul." He did sound like the responsible one, but Sheila was still mad.

"What if I tell?" She could blackmail him.

"Then..then I guess I'll have to live with what ever you say. But I'd know then, you meant a whole lot more to me than I ever did to you." He didn't wait for an answer. Alfie went inside and shut the door tight.

Sheila was left alone with his words to think about.

5 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Sheila's really showing her true colors. :/

Alysha said...

I don't think people should make a huge deal about age. But lying about age, on the other hand...

Well, I guess we'll have to see. I really liked reading this, by the way, and its been written out very nicely :D

Sara said...

Well he is the more mature one, I think Sheila needs to grow up a little more before getting into a serious relationship.

Chris Ed said...

That's sad chapter...this situation is difficult. He really needs more space...

mazzy may said...

Oh, she knows she's in the wrong. She could get him to serious trouble or her mother might..if she knew they were together.