Wednesday, September 19, 2012

moving on

Smed was thinking Gavin would be gone by now.

"Aren't you in school or something?" Smed just got home from work, and there was Gavin waiting for him on the porch as if he were the guy to see.

"Kind of. I mean, yeah, I... I..I've decided to transfer here. Work a little more on getting my teaching certification, I want to be more than a coach." He was all smiles. He'd gotten on at the nearby Home Depot. "I can be closer to my brother now. There's this ..one thing..Um..I was wondering if..if I could move in..here?"

"Really?" Smed winced a smile. "You sure you want to be that close to your brother?"

"Well..we won't ever be that close. I could live in the room next to him, doesn't mean he's going to actually let me know anything..its just..I want to do this for my Mom." He shrugged. "She's still waiting for him to fall in love with this family.of ours."

"Sure, sure, we've got a place for you. Do, you, really want to be in the basement?" Smed quizzed.

"No, I don't have to share the basement with him." Gavin told him.

"Well, there is a room upstairs." Smed told him he would show it to him. So they got to the room where Dung stayed.

There was nothing of Caitlin's.

"Hopefully, there is no bad karma here." Smed said before he could think. "My ex-girlfriend used to live here. Then Dung moved in." He told him Caitlin lived right across the hall, and he pointed down the hall to his room with Sammi. "Yeah, we've got plenty room." He told him when rent was due, the kitchen rules, and where to do his laundry.

"So, how does Timo feel about you staying?" Smed grinned wondering if Gavin was going to cramp Timo's style.

"I haven't actually mentioned it, yet." Gavin told him.

5 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm eager to see how Timo reacts to the news. :/

ellie said...

I liked the part..where they were still waiting for Timo to fall in love with their family.

lucy and sarah said...

Oh, such an interesting thing.

ivy's closet said...

I wonder how this will pan out.

Chris Ed said...

What will Timo say about that...