Tuesday, October 23, 2012

another annoying moment

Gavin over-heard what Caitlin said about Megan and Derrick. A part of him was glad he heard it from her, and yet he wished he'd heard wrong.

He kept in the dark though. Even if he wanted to hear her talk more of what Timo did. Still, he didn't know if he should put her on the spot about it. He waited until Alfie left before he went into the kitchen.

"Why didn't you tell me you liked to do these early morning run?" He felt awkward for asking but it was best to talk about running than about his brother.

"I dunno." She winced as if it were none of his business.

"I need to run." He shrugged a bit playfully as he went to get his morning coffee. "Its just..I dunno where to run. That kind of thing."

"I don't think it matters, where you run." She looked at him as if there were no rules and regulations about it.

"Oh." He said, but acted as if he wasn't really listening. "Maybe next time, I can come with you."

He didn't like the idea that she was running so early, and so alone. But he guessed she'd be pissed if he said anything about it.

"I know you can take care of yourself. You might have a black belt in karate, for all I know." He took a sip of his coffee.

She rolled her eyes and festered a frown.

"What?" Gavin was sure of it now. He couldn't say the right thing around her.

"My boyfriend." She first said. "My ex-boyfriend was in..too karate."

"And he didn't teach you, anything?" Gavin eyeballed her. Maybe he didn't give a damn about saying the right thing.

"No." She looked kind of hurt.

"I bet he was afraid you'd kick his ass." Gavin grinned.

He almost got a smile out of Caitlin. Gavin went to his room with his coffee. It was better to leave her waiting for more. He guessed. But he was pretty sure she didn't like him. Probably because he was Timo's brother.

7 comments:

ellie said...

I do like Gavin.

Chris Ed said...

He is really nice with her!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm kind of liking Gavin. :)

Sara said...

I like that Gavin is trying to cheer her up, he is a good person.

Mimi said...

way to go, gavin! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
LensVillage Giveaway

ivy's closet said...

Looking forward to..more!

lucy and sarah said...

I do like Gavin.