Friday, November 16, 2012

third or fourth chances

Timo wasn't sure what Gavin was getting at.

"You're a good guy. Everyone likes you. You could be married by now, with at least two kids and probably another one on the way." Timo looked up at him as he handed him the dish to dry and put away.

"Don't say that." Gavin was not in the best mood.

"You dated a lot." Timo told him as if he still had the charm.

"I guess." He didn't sound so positive. He looked as if he needed to go hibernate in his room.

"So, what if there was no one in particular you just had to be with." Timo shrugged. He knew his brother. He was waiting for some sort of religious experience to happen with the one. Although, it didn't have anything to do with God nor church. "You're not telling me, Caitlin is the one?"

He shrugged. He didn't say anything. He looked as if he were in pain, already.

"Here, I was afraid, you were just going to sweep Hattie off her feet and I'd never see her again." He went back to washing dishes.

"You thought that?" Now he made Gavin smile.

"Yeah, I did." Timo glared at him.

"See." Gavin poked Timo in the chest with his index finger. "You, have a heart, too. You're not a mechanical boy, after all."

"Stop, picking on me." Timo couldn't help but laugh. Honestly, Timo couldn't remember the last time they'd ever joked around. Of course, Gavin joked with him, all the time. Timo never enjoyed it until now.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I really like that Timo seems to be getting a little better now.

Anonymous said...

I like Gavin. I like him a lot.

ellie said...

I'm glad Gavin is around Timo, now.

Chris Ed said...

Cool that Galiv and Timo are spending time together!

Cafe Fashionista said...

It's nice to see the 'good' side of Timo for a change. :)