Tuesday, January 29, 2013

something to think about

"I just want it all to work out, for them." Caitlin shrugged. She didn't know what else to say to  Gavin as she set on his bed reading her government book that was totally boring, but somehow she needed to know what it was about. She yawned. She looked at him. "A part of me, wants to jump in, and say I'd raise that baby as my own." She bit her bottom lip thinking how ridiculous that sounded.

"I know what you mean," he nodded as he was looking through a magazine she'd given him about decorating small rooms. Possibly it was a hint as to what she might want to do with her room. More storage. "But, its not my call. We'll just have to see what happens next." He told her he thought Timo was in a good way these days. "He's seems rather human around Hattie. This just might be what he needs." He turned another page.

Caitlin couldn't help but want to look over his shoulder. Shelves. She needed shelves. A lot of them too. She squinted in delight.

"You make stuff, like this?" She pointed to the simple white shelves joined to a desk. "Right?"

"Yeah, doesn't look too hard." He was laid back about it.

She told him she liked to paint.

"I bet you do." His smile was playful, and she couldn't help but smile back when he touched her nose. They kissed, and her text book made a thump on the floor.

"I know what you are trying to do." He teased. "You want to turn your room into a walk in closet and move in with me."

She smiled more as if she liked the thought of that.

"Not gonna happen." He informed her. "We'd have to get married. Find our place. You, sure you want me to build those shelves and a desk for you?" His forehead touched hers.

"You, couldn't be serious." She looked at him so closely.

"But I am." He told her.

Still, she thought he was too adorable to be serious.