Thursday, February 28, 2013

just the runaround

"You don't look...so good." Gavin couldn't help but say when he saw how tired Caitlin appeared. She did look quite miserable. "Maybe you should stay home today. Sleep in."

"I can't." She looked as if she might doze off. She had an eight a.m. class. He handed her a big mug of steaming coffee.

"I thought the University stopped doing stuff like that with all the online classes." He teased.

She rolled her eyes and took a sip of black coffee.

"Megan called." She finally looked up from her coffee. "In the middle of the night." She then yawned.

"So it Megan's fault." Gavin grinned.

She shrugged sleepily in her old baby blue cardigan over her HELLO KITTY night shirt.

"You do know, you're aren't quite dressed for class." Gavin shrugged back as he put another sandwich he'd made for his lunch in a baggie to put in his lunch box. He handed her a Pop-Tart. She only yawned more.

"I dunno if I should..say anything." She studied the toaster treat in her hand.

"What late breaking news did she tell you now?" He didn't mean to make Megan a sore subject, but Caitlin had his attention even if she might be sleepwalking.

Caitlin sniffed as if maybe she was coming down with something.

"Just get some sleep." He couldn't help but mess with her hair. "Then, call Megan. She could be completely different by then...and..if its still bothering you, you can tell me later." Gavin thought he could wait on knowing. He did have a good idea what it was about.

She pushed her cup of coffee away and took breakfast with her back upstairs to bed. She did manage to give him a kiss before he left for work.

6 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I truly feel sorry for Caitlin right now. :(

ana said...

I really love your blog. Maybe wanna follow each other?? Let me know :) xx

http://bblluusshh.blogspot.com

Sara Gerard said...

Poor Caitlin, she has a lot on her mind.

ellie said...

Oh, its so hard being a friend, sometimes. I'm glad Gavin is understanding too.

lucy and sarah said...

So much stress. I wonder if she'll tell him what Megan said.

Chris Ed said...

I feel sorry for Caitlin!